I’ve been quiet a bit quiet for the past six weeks or so. No excuses really, so here’s what’s been going on.
- SAMS are releasing an in-depth ASP.NET Techniques by Al Homer and others. I’ve been tech reviewing that.
- I am now an INETA volunteer and start on a new project for them this month using Whidbey bits. Which is nice.
- More book reviews for .NET Developers Journal
- The week before Christmas, I got a call from Wiley who needed a couple of chapters of Beginning ASP.NET 1.1 translated from VB.NET to C#. The father of one of the authors had taken ill, so he needed a cover. One week’s work and I’m now part of the most successful ASP.NET book series in history. Jolly good. Apparently, it will hit the shelves on March 6.
- On New Year’s Eve, I got confirmation from APress that my beginning databases book is go. Currently, it’s called Dive Into Databases with ASP.NET 1.1, or DIDA for short. Of course, APress haven’t updated their entry for it yet...
- A few small things for O’Reilly which may bloom into something later.
Oh yes, and then there was Christmas, large amounts of alcohol and a complete update for the rest of the site too.