Version 1.6 of BlogEngine.net, which runs this blog amongst many others, was released this morning. The two main new features are a centralised comment management system and multiple widget zones. Here’s the rest from the release notes.
- Centralized Comment Management
- Automated Comment Spam Filtering with ability to plug-in custom Filtering modules
- Multiple Widget Zones (details)
- Referrers data and Blogroll items now stored in Database when using the DB blog provider.
- Unsubscribe Link in Comment Notification Emails
- Referrer Data can be Stored for more than 7 days.
- Blogroll items can now be Ordered.
- Newsletter Widget more Intelligent - Emails sent when a post is going from an Unpublished to Published state.
- Twitter Widget - New options and improvements
- Page Slugs now saved in Database.
- New Logging system to Track events and errors.
- Unhandled Exception Handling
- Fixes to Comment Notification Emails not being sent out correctly in some cases.
- Outgoing Email improvements
- Many other improvements and fixes
Simple upgrade instructions are available here in the documentation. Congratulations to the whole team!