Trying it organised slightly different today – let me know what you think
- Introduction to HTML5 Web Storage
Lars Kappert introduces the Web Storage API, what it replaces, the options it offers and where to use it
Promise is a programming model that deals with deferred results in concurrent programming. The basic idea around promises are that rather than issuing a blocking call for a resource (IO, Network, etc.) you can immediately return a promise for a future value that will eventually be fulfilled. This allows you to write non-blocking logic that executes asynchronously without having to write a lot of synchronization and plumbing code.
- HTML5 Forms input types, attributes and new elements – demos, tips and tricks - Robert's talk
Robert Nyman lists out and demonstrates the 13 new input types, 18 new attributes and 5 new elements in HTML5 forms.
- Building the Account at a Glance HTML5/jQuery Application
Dan Wahlin gives a fairly detailed overview of the "Account at a Glance" HTML5\jQuery\MVC application started in MIX11 and now released for investigation.
- HTML5 And The Document Outlining Algorithm
Derek Johnson looks at the Document Outlining Algorithm, how it should work against a HTML document using Heading content, Sectioning content, Untitled sections, sectioning roots, and untitled documents.
- How To Use CSS nth-child
Paul demonstrates how to use the nth-child and last-child CSS selectors correctly. He uses several variants on nth-child to cover its various methods of use
Yehuda Katz looks at Prototypes - objects using syntax defined in ECMAScript 5.1
- CSS3′s ‘space’ and ’round’ Values for background-repeat
Louis Lazaris looks at the new space and round values for the background-repeat attribute and their justify / fill-like (proposed) behaviours. He also notes the support is awful, even when using Modernizr
- How to Build a Fully Functional CSS3-Only Content Slider - Alexandre Smirnov
- Create Pure CSS3 Ticket-Like Tags – Ahmad Hania
- Create a diagonal rotation with CSS transitions - Josh Miller