Note to self: being offline for three weekdays doing sleep studies means a lot of blog posts in scan through. I’ll be playing catch up for a few days I think
- Opera 11.51 (Swordfish) Release Candidate 1
The Opera desktop team announce RC1 of their latest bugfix release for v11.50. Changelog is included at the link
- The Web Comes of Age
Full video of Jeffrey Zeldman’s DIBI Keynote Address (56:45)
- Social Plugins’ Memory Usage
Shawn Wilsher highlights a bug in Firefox whereby it nearly doubles the memory used to support two of the same Facebook Like buttons on one page when it should re-use the same resources. He also notes that Facebook requires downloading the same large chunk of script for each like button on the page - something for FB to address.
- Fiddler In Action - Part 1
Mehdi Khalili starts his look at the free Web Debugging Proxy tool fiddle. He begins by explaining how it works, and then presents an overview of its four basic features, monitoring and comparing web sessions, inspecting individual requests and responses, and decrypting https traffic
- Fiddler In Action - Part 2
In the second half of his Fiddler tutorial, Mehdi Khalili looks at some of the more advanced features it offers. He covers using the QuickExec feature to run any of a set of simple commands for filtering sessions based on a set of criteria, setting breakpoints on individual or groups of requests, and changing items sent to the requesting browser on the fly from both request and response breakpoints. He also covers the AutoResponder, RequestBuilder, Filters tab and FiddlerCap tool for capturing traffic and sending the logs to someone else.
- How to Use HTML5 Drag & Drop (4 Parts)
- More Dojo Tutorials from SitePen as they count down to DojoConf 2011. In this batch, we have Using Custom Modules with a CDN, Connecting a dojo Object Store to a Dojo Tree, and dojo.NodeList Extensions
- Replacing Subtle Flash Animations with CSS3
Louis Lazaris uses the 84Colors website as a case study to demonstrate how CSS keyframe animation and transforms can easily replace their flash animation equivalents while falling back to unanimated variants for non-supporting browsers.
- Adding Weather to Your Site with jQuery and YQL
Nathan Rohler demonstrates how to combine a jQuery's AJAX support with a Yahoo Query Language (YQL) request to Yahoo's local weather service feeds to create a client-side Weather widget for your website
Code Demos \ Downloads
- How to Create a Pure CSS Glow Text on Hover : Paulund
- jQuery AutoComplete using multiple inputs in same table : Damian Clem
- Image Zoom Tour with jQuery : Mary Lou
- Web Social Icons Set – HTML5 Logo Style : Graphic Design Junction