I haven’t had any problems with Word 2007 for ages but then I needed to change the template used by a document I was writing. In Word 2003 and previous, this was the Tools and Templates option on the Tools menu I think. Two clicks and you’re there. Why couldn’t it be the same in Word 2007? Oh yes. Just a ribbon.
So then for future reference, here’s how you change the template for a document.
- Open the main Word menu. That’s the round button in the top-left of the Word window to you and I.
- Click Word Options at the bottom of the menu.
- Select Add-Ins from the left hand menu of the Word Options dialog.
- At the bottom of the right hand side of the dialog now appeared, change the drop-down menu from ‘Manage COM Add-ins’ to ‘Manage Templates’
- Press Go...
- Proceed as usual with the old familiar Templates and Add-Ins dialog that’s now appeared.
Just six clicks away then in that dialog under the carpet. No keyboard shortcut either. This one’s for learning then.